Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday, January 10

Good morning world (: it is another beautiful day in Paraíso and the sun is shining and the birds are chirping and all is good. My body hurts me. And the cuts on my knees look gross. I'm sure everyone else hurts really bad too. This morning we are going to an orphanage for kids 5 and under so I am so excited. BABIES!

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. (2 Corinthians 4:16)

Orphanages are the hardest places to leave. Definitely. Unfortunately they didn't let us bring in cameras or take pictures. Diego, was the favorite because he was so cute and when you said "Y bebe" he would sing and bob his head like little hip hop song. It was adorable. Bernardo was a villain and a toy stealer, I held a child for a solid 25 minutes and he never told me his name, but loved showing me Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto. It was,a lot of fun and very uplifting. I love kids. I pray that they will come to be better off than now and come to know The Lord.

But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."
(Mark 10:14, 15 ESV)

We are not alone anymore.
I sweat a lot.
The kids are here to play basketball. It's 13 junior high boys. Haha I do love them, but they are certainly a handful. They are not very good at basketball so we had a little fun playing them. I drained a couple of threes and had maybe 5 or 6 steals. It was a lot of fun. We came back and showered which as you can guess is quite the ordeal. They are captivated by Jayson's motorcycle game.
After dinner we went and had a youth group like program. We played pingpong and Señor Presidente (one kid got out because he farted and laughed), Daniel shared, Jeremy, and I shared too. Jeremy suggested I play a song I wrote, so I was voted into it by the flapping of people arms like voting for an infraction.
We shared testimonies, I showed them my novia, and it was a great time of sharing. Two of them also shared a little too about their lives. Jayson spoke out of 1 Juan and shared the gospel. Daniel said that 7 made a declaration of faith. Wow. Awesomeness. Great day. Great night. We are watching Facing the Giants in Spanish. Reminds me of the good ol' days in Sra. Winokur's class.

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment